Monday, January 20, 2014

Pro/Cons to traveling by BUS

I have traveled by many different types of buses. Luxury Coach buses, school buses, public transportation buses and trolleys (those are kind of like busses right?).

School buses

Pros:
-VERY close to friends?

Cons:
-cramped (especially seat with wheel in it)
-no air conditioning
-little heat
-very bumpy

We rode a bus like a school bus while my family and I were in Denali National Park. Nothing scared me more then when we were in that bus riding on the edge of a steep cliff with another bus coming in the opposite direction on a road that was only meant for 1 car at a time. SO SCARY. Riding on these also bring me back to grade school.






Public transportation buses could either be a step higher or lower then school buses depending where you are. These buses could be more or less crowded, bumpy and uncomfortable. My family and I rode on a public bus when we were in Bermuda. It was interesting because we were driving on the opposite side of the road. I thought it was cool how we were more 'immersed' into the lifestyle of the people that lived in the area when we were sitting among them on the bus. Its a great way to meet people too.

Luxury coach buses have to be my favorite way to travel by bus. My family goes on a lot of day trips where we take coach buses and they are always enjoyable. The seats are comfortable and there is air conditioning and heat as well as a bathroom! We took coach buses on marching band trips as well as when we were in Alaska. While in Alaska we got around the land portion of our trip strictly by coach bus. We had a driver who acted as a guide and told us the history and facts of the different areas we were driving through. Coach buses allow for ample storage as well. Our suitcases all fit for our journey in Alaska.

All of the trolleys I have been on have had wooden seats so they have not been the most comfortable, but they are stylish! I want to go on a trolley on rails that runs in the city. That would be fun.

All in all, bus experience differs depending on the quality and duration of the trip. Coach buses are by far my favorite but for shorter distances anything will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment