Thursday, November 21, 2013

EF College Break: New Years's/Spring Break Trips

As much as I want to go all out on a trip to Europe, I just don't know how realistic that is. I need to save money for when I graduate college and am in the real world. A New Year's or Spring Break trip may be my best option if I want to go to Europe, but want to save some money. Or this money could go towards a bigger trip when I am older. This post is to weight the options and see about how much these trips would cost.

New Year's Trips:
You can see my post on the London,Paris, Rome trip here. This trip can also be taken over New Years which is why I included it here.

Now on to other New Year's Trip options (note: most of these trips can also be taken in the summer)

London/Paris


Length: 8 days

Cities Visited: London, Paris

Countries Visited: England, France

Excursions I would go on: Versailles, New Year's at Ministry of Sound

Starting Price: $2,440

Price with excursions ect...: $2,810

Thoughts: Add $50 for food ect... This trip is short, so I would prefer to go ahead a few days early to spend more time in London, this would interfere with Christmas potentially then....I would also want to spend more time then 3 days in Paris as well. But at least I can say I went there? But is it worth rushing a trip just to say I was there? Also do I really want to go on a trip over New Year's? I will be missing New Year's at home, plus there will be people getting out of control at clubs ect.. in the group, which is bound to happen, but especially since it would be New Year's. Also there is no trip to Stonehenge on this tour.

Total Price: ~$3,160
                                     

Germany/Italy/Switzerland

Length:10 days

Cities Visited: Munich, Innsbruck, Venice, Verona, Mt. Pilatus, Lucerne Region, Rhine Falls, Heidelberg, Frankfurt

Countries Visited: Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland

Excursions I would go on: Mount Pilatus

Starting Price: $2,575

Price with excursions ect...: $2,870

Thoughts: Same thing with the partying as above. $50/day for food ect... I would get to see other countries. Not my top choices, but would still be VERY interesting to see. I would get to see more countries then the other tours.

Total Price: ~$3,320

________________________

Amsterdam/Paris/London

Length: 11 days

Cities Visited: Amsterdam, Paris, London

Countries Visited: Netherlands, France, England

Excursions I would go on: Versailles, Stonehenge/Bath

Starting Price: $2,900

Price with excursions ect...: $3308

Thoughts: I would want more time in London, I like how I can still go to Versailles and Stonehenge/Bath. This trip is more expensive, but there are 3 cities.

Total Price: ~$3,808
______________________

I was going to consider a longer New Year's trip, but between the price, weather and the time I would be away, I decided I would rather do a bigger trip in the summer. I would not want to spend most of my winter break on a trip to Europe and I would rather go to Europe in the summer.

I also was going to include an Ireland trip over Spring Break for St. Patrick's Day, but decided it did not line up with my Spring Break, plus it would get 'crazy' what with all the drinking people would be doing so I would prefer to go in a calmer atmosphere. I will just enjoy my spring break with my friends and family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment