Friday, October 18, 2013

My top trips (EF College Break)

I am looking into 3 different trips through EF College Break. Has anyone ever gone on one of these trips? Anyone know someone who has? What was it like?

My 3 top trip choices (well 4) are the London/Paris/Rome Trip, The European Panorama Trip and the Grand Tour of Europe Trip. The Australia/ New Zealand one I would like to go on after this first trip to Europe I am planning.

Overview of each trip:


London/Paris/Rome

Length: 12 days

Cities Visited: London, Paris, Rome

Countries Visited: England, France, Italy

Excursions I would go on: Stonehenge/Bath, Versailles

Starting Price: $3,039

Price with excursions ect...: $3,755

Thoughts: I don't know about spending 1 night on a train. It seems like I would be wasting time on a train for what I am spending. This trip would be good if I end up not being able to save enough for a longer one, however I would like to visit more places when I go to Europe to see the most I can while I am there. But this is better than nothing and is shorter so I will not be away for as long (I could add the stay ahead option where I go to London earlier then meet with my tour group once it starts). Take into account about $50 a day for food/souvenirs.

Total Price: about $4,355

                                                                                                                                

European Panorama:


Length: 25 days

Cities Visited: Dublin, North Wales, London, Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris, Lucerne Region, Florence, French Riviera, Barcelona

Countries Visited: Ireland, Wales, England, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Switzerland, Italy, Spain

Excursions I would go on: Stonehenge/Bath, Amsterdam Bike Tour, Versailles, Mount Pilatus

Starting Price: $4,187

Price with excursions ect...: $4,896

Thoughts: This is also a good alternative if I can not save enough for the Grand Tour of Europe. I would get to see Ireland on this trip and skip Madrid, but I would only get to see one city in Italy (Florence), not Venice or Rome. I get 4 days in Paris instead of 3 like in the other two trips. Take into account about $50 a day for food/souvenirs for 25 days.

Total Price: about $6,200
                                                                                                                                   

Grand Tour or Europe

Length: 30 days

Cities Visited: London, Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam, Heidelberg, Lucerne Region, Venice, Rome, Florence, French Riviera, Provence, Barcelona, Madrid

Countries Visited: England, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Spain

Excursions I would go on: Stonehenge/Bath, Versailles, Amsterdam Bike Tour, Mount Pilatus

Starting Price: $4,847


Price with excursions ect...: $5,773

Thoughts: This is my top choice of tours, however it is expensive. I need to take into account the fact that I will need money for food/souvenirs. With about $50 a day for food for 30 days that is $1,500 dollars. So the total price comes to be very high. I would get 3 days in Amsterdam as opposed to 2 days like in the European Panorama trip. Also a plus is that I can use the stay ahead option and spend a few extra days in London before my trip starts.

Total Price: about $7,300

                                                                                                                                   

All of my total price estimates are just that. Estimates. My final price will probably be lower than this number. I am just overestimating to be prepared to make sure I will have enough money. Some meals are included (all breakfasts and some dinners), and the first and last day of the tour are travel days on the airplane, so those meals do not need to be included either. My final estimates will probably be lower than this, but I just want to be prepared.

Have you ever gone on an EF College Break trip? About how much money can I expect to spend on food? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment