Friday, February 21, 2014

Money Saving tip: Cost Per Wear/Use

A good way to save money is to think about the 'cost per wear' or 'cost per use' of an item. Think of how often you will use this item and if you will still be wearing/using it a few months from now. Let's say I buy a $30 dollar sweater in October. It is just starting to get cool so I can wear this sweater for about 5 months this season. If I wear the sweater 10 times within this time, each wear would cost me about $3. That is like saying I paid $3 every time I wore it. That is just within one year too. If I wore it the next year 10 times then the cost per wear would be even less. But if I buy a fancy night out dress for $100, how often will I actually wear it? I would probably wear a fancy night out dress maybe once a month, but only if it was warm out, so probably about 10 times a year. The cost per wear for this item would be $10. Is this dress worth paying $10 every time I wear it? You really get the idea of cost per wear with expensive, 'special' items (like accessories, purses, nice clothes to wear on special occasions ect..). The key is to decide if you will wear or use an item enough to justify purchasing it.

I hoped this helped a little!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment